16 March 2015

Bookstore Love: New York's Books of Wonder

I was in New York recently to meet with my editor and agent and make my first visit to the HarperCollins offices (which is like one spectacular bookstore itself… I kept stopping to ooh and ahh at the shelves!). It was right after the ALA mid-winter meeting where the youth media awards were presented, and I was hoping to pick up something awesome to read on the train home. So I popped into one of my favorite NYC bookstores, Books of Wonder! And look what greeted me right inside the door:


A handy display of Caldecott, Newberry and other ALA award winners.
I snagged copies of THE CROSSOVER and EL DEAFO, then I moseyed over to the YA section to pet the books browse the shelves (and, okay, I'll admit it… to imagine my own book up there). As a member of the Fearless Fifteeners group of 2015 debut YA and MG authors, it's fun find their newly released books out in the wild. 

Look, there's Michelle Falkoff's Playlist for the Dead 
trying to hide from me...

…and Dan Gemenhart's The Honest Truth practically jumping off the shelf!

I also had to stop in the picture book section, and ogle the gorgeous titles there (wishing my kids were still picture book age!).




Even more fun—I'll be making an appearance at Books of Wonder with seven other 2015 YA debut authors on Saturday, June 20, as part of the TEEN DEBUT SPOTLIGHT: FEARLESS FIFTEENERS event. 

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment