20 March 2014

Celebrate Spring: Splurge on Novels by New Authors!

I interviewed Lisa Colozza Cocca, one of many fabulous 2014 debut YA authors, over on the Fearless Fifteeners blog. Her novel PROVIDENCE came out two days ago. Check it out!

Then I scrolled over the previous interviews (all done by 2015 debut authors) and at least a dozen YA and MG novels I simply had to have! I narrowed the list down to five (reluctantly… I want them ALL), and emailed my local bookseller to order them:


THE SECRET SIDE OF EMPTY by Maria E. Andreu

SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY by Julie Murphy

UNDER THE EGG by Laura Marx Fitzgerald


WHEN AUDREY MET ALICE by Rebecca Behrens

It's a splurge, buying five books all at once, but I have a feeling I'll be doing quite a lot of it this year and next as the debut of my own novel approaches. I'm connecting with so many other authors and am almost as excited about their books as I am about my own. 

Join me in celebrating spring by supporting a new author! You can find some great YA and MG debut authors featured on the Fearless Fifteeners blog, as well as OneFourKidLit. Check 'em out!

And let us know in the comments which 2014 debut novels you'd like to splurge on (or already have)!

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be buying THE ACTUAL & TRUTHFUL ADVENTURES OF BECKY THATCHER by Jessica Lawson and ALL FOUR STARS by Tara Dairman, which both debut in July. I've heard amazing things about WHEN AUDREY MET ALICE and UNDER THE EGG, and I'm also really interested in STRANGE SWEET SONG by Adi Rule, which just debuted. Oh, and HOOK'S REVENGE by Heidi Schultz!

    ReplyDelete